We currently have an immediate opening at our Woburn, MA office for an experienced Web Developer
The Web Developer will be working with a team to maintain and enhance an existing, powerful online report platform for authoring, managing, reviewing and delivering environmental site assessment (ESA), property condition assessment (PCA) and other reports. The system is written in PHP and uses MySQL running on LAMP stack in the Amazon Cloud.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced development environment. They will be self-directed at times and collaborate with team members at other times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Follows development best practices using principles such as design patterns and OOP.
- Participate in unit and system testing of Web applications, engaging users as necessary.
- Develop and maintain database-driven Rich Internet Web interfaces.
- Deploy changes to the Web application to the Amazon Cloud.
- Able to promptly answer development team related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent.
- Proficient in MySQL. Experience with Microsoft Transact SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with Amazon EC2, AWS, S3 and other cloud technologies.
- 3-5 years experience designing and developing PHP-based Web services.
- Experience incorporating JS frameworks, such as JQuery, ExtJS or similar for rapid development.
- Comfortable working in a Team environment where software configuration management and other best-practice processes are used.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must be well organized, motivated and detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
EDR is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.